Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Oscar edition

Big week in Hollywood! The Academy awards are this coming sunday so the town is buzzing. In terms of the favorites to take  home the award, "The Kings Speech" is favored to win best picture, Christain Bale is favored to win best actor in a supporting role for his part in "The Fighter", either Colin Firth or Jeff Bridges will take home the coveted best actor award. Firth is being nominated for his role in "The Kings Speech" and Bridges for his role in "True Grit". If Bridges can pull off the upset, he will join Spencer Tracy and my man Tom Hanks as the only actors to have won the award two years in a row. Don't think that the ladies are going quietly as Helena Bonham Carter is favored for best actress in a supporting role for her work in "The Kings Speech". The award for best actress in a leading role is totally up in the air, but I would say Natalie Portman will most likely take it home for her role in "The Black Swan". The best director category is stacked with names like the Coen brothers and Darren Aronofsky. I'll have to give it to director Tom Hooper for "The Kings Speech", which looks like it will be the big winner on the night. It should be an entertaining night as many are unsure who will win what. The only sure thing is that Toy Story 3 will win best animated picture, but I guess we will just have to wait and see!

Hen
O

1 comment:

  1. I havent seen The Kings Speech but apparently it's the movie to see since so many of the actors are up for Oscars. I'm thinking that Natalie Portman will win for Black Swan, however, I saw that movie and I didn't think it was a good as everyone is making it out to be. I also havent seen the Fighter yet, but my mom and brother said they thought it was an awesome movie so I'm hoping he wins best actor for it!

    ReplyDelete